I bought a Purple mattress about a month and a half ago, and it's been genuinely life-changing. I use Sleep Cycle to track things about my sleep. Before the mattress, I had gotten on the order of ~two 100% quality scores ever. Now I get 95-100% every night that something else doesn't wake me up (for instance, a crying baby). More to the point, I'm smart again. What should I do with that?
- I've got seven books I want to finish (re)reading: Apollo's Arrow, The Book of Why, A Programmer's Introduction to Mathematics, How to Measure Anything, An Elegant Puzzle, Zero to Sold, and Warranted Christian Belief.
- Apart from books I could finish in a few days, I'd also like to make progress in the Feynman Lectures on Physics, and Probability Theory: The Logic of Science.
- I'm restarting Journal Club at Decipher post-holidays, and the February paper is Magic: The Gathering is Turing Complete.
- I'm doing more blogging (like this post) for the all-comments-public experiment.
- I'd like to write a little game that helps with internalizing probability theory, and I was reminded by a friend recently that PICO-8 programming is a blast.
- I'd like to write a practical book on probability theory that normal people will find useful.
- I've got a hypothetical future company to work on designing.
- I'm also playing several games off and on: CrossCode, Hades, maybe Stellaris with some friends.
Just thinking out loud. There are a lot of wonderful options.